After our Bible Overview test last week, we began our Apologetics class by watching "The Truth Project" video series. We made it through about 6 lessons last week, and they will show the rest of the series at a later date. The videos were challenging and interesting and dug down to the core of many controversial topics and why we, as Christians, believe what we believe.
On Friday, I went home for the first time since moving to Branson. Tim and I were able to spend some time together Friday evening...we made hummus and spinach/feta/pear salad and had a little picnic :) I stayed with my dear friends, Candace and Michael Glass that night and then headed to my parents' house Saturday with Tim. After some good family bonding, it was time for the 4th annual Sabethapalooza! It was quite a success and SO WONDERFUL to see all my friends from college (love you all!), along with some new faces (you're great too!). A variety of activities kept everyone busy throughout the evening, including "bull" riding, man/woman-powered tractor pull, "scary" hay rack ride, an appearance by 2 hillbillies, and cannot forget the rat hunt...which was not very successful yet again (the rats must have taken a vacation). Oh well, there is always next year!
On Sunday, I was fortunate enough to be able to attend Lauren's baptism at Fellowship Bible Church. Lauren has pretty much been my little sister for the past 6 years... I have watched her grow and change into an incredible woman of God, so I was excited to be present on Sunday. What an amazing day! Lunch with close friends made the day even better, and I headed back to Branson later that afternoon.
This week is marriage/relationship week here at KI. We having been learning from the best of the best: Bob Paul, Gary Smalley, Greg Smalley, Gary Oliver, and Dick Mohline. Topics have included: marriage, conflict, anger, emotions, and relationships. We have been assigned to write a paper analyzing 4 marriage in the Bible and how we would fix them. Should be interesting! We have also been working on our Bible Overview project which will be due in November. We are making an outline of the entire Bible in a 12 week teaching format. More than just an assignment, this project will be very useful for teaching the Bible to people in the future.
Tonight we are all going to Bull Creek for a cookout and bonding time. It will be good to relax before people start their weekend activities. Tomorrow, I'm going to watch some of my small group girls play volleyball and soccer, then teaching Sunday School on Sunday. I'm hoping to get some more work done on my Bible Overview project and Precepts Bible Study (the life of Abraham).
Is it really almost the end of October?! Insane. I want to end by sharing the link to this song, it's my current favorite. Translation: current favorite means that I will listen to it on repeat pretty much 24/7 for the next 7-10 days, then a new song will become my "current favorite".
Happy weekend, everyone!
Copy and paste the link...enjoy! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=au3EGgISYMc&ob=av2e
No comments:
Post a Comment